Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trying the Cliches

Today is not a happy day for Jewels.... nope... Jewels is sick. I'm not entirely sure if it is allergies or a cold. Either way.... NOT. HAPPY.

I went to a children's arcade on Saturday for a 5 year old birthday party. I had a blast. Emily and I spent $20 paying skee ball, basketball, the stupid money wasting drop the coin in and see if you can knock coins out game, and some shoot em up fun. The negative here? One kid. One kid in the party room who sneezed the longest line of snot I have ever seen in my life. No joke, it was as tall as he was. At that exact moment I looked at my friend Emily and said

"oh sh*t"

It was that moment I knew I would probably end up sick.

So here I am, coughing my lungs up, body aching, and buying into every single "feel better" cliche there is because...hell....what else can I do?

I got my day time cold/flu syrup, my water, ginger ale, orange juice, chicken noodle soup, and hot tea with honey.

Surely if I combine it all something will work?

PS - Thanks to Angela and her awesomeness for designing and putting together the awesome header you see here!

PPS - Longest row of snot I have ever seen - EVER

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... it's some of the symptoms of withdrawal from lack of Brandon in your life. I'm not even gone one full day and you're sick. Come on Julie, even Brit can hold out longer than that.

Anonymous said...

seriously jules... one time brandon neglected my blog for like ... well, what seemed to be YEARS! i had to stalk him on his myspace and beg him to come back. I will not speak of the shame I experienced in the face of this rejection.

oh, yea... so we were talking about your blog. Um, this serves as ample justification for the fact that we don't have kids yet. cus, who wants to deal with 4 ft long snot and flu all the time?

Jewels said...

Well Brandon - I do blame you - the snot kids name was, in fact, Brandon

Jewels said...

Brit-

Kids = sickness... I love kids, but next time I will be amply medicated.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I love me some skee ball....
Perhaps you should wear one of those dust mask thingys ????
A kiddo party??? Well, there's always a little virus running round there. Did you take a little hand sanitizer to use before skee-ball. ??
Refer to Mom rule # 2 or 3 (not sure)........and
ask Dad for a little of that infamous split pea soup you so love :)

Anonymous said...

I see you were very active in my absence. I don't want to hear the "I was sick!" excuse either, because if anything, that gives you more free time to write riveting stories about your life (or love letters to me).

This has been one long fucking week.

Carrie Maxwell said...

airborne

Carrie Maxwell said...

oh, and kudo's go angela. your header is fabulous!!!!

Anonymous said...

a "row" of snot?

heehee.
a "row"?

Anonymous said...

Yes! The header is awesome!

Unknown said...

That is a true statement, it was really long and gross.