Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Judgement Call

I don’t know where I find these people.

Last week I had what we will chalk up to a bad date. Often my friends(and my Mom) tell me I am too quick to judge guys I go out with and should give people second chances, what do you think?

Here are just a few issues.


1.He was a meathead. And by this I mean, he looked like Mr Incredible. Not “damn, he is good looking” incredible, but like the animated character by Disney. What possesses men to work out to extent that their chest crosses a threshold before the rest of their body?! What?!?!


2.He doesn’t watch or read the news. “It’s too time consuming and depressing.” Ok, I’m not telling you to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal or listen to NPR, I’m just asking for some intelligent conversation about what is going on in the world.


3.Direct quote “I don’t vote.” That’s just ridiculous. I have nothing more on this. In fact – I’m surprised I have more issues because after this I shut down.


4. The basis of the majority of his conversations consisted of how many “house parties” he has a year, how he loves “to entertain” and bragging about how many noise violation citations he has received.


5.The only music, television, or movie reference he made in the entire two hours was “Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle”

Call me judgmental if you want, personally I think I made the right call on NOT seeing this one again.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, you're totally judgmental. Girls should fall over themselves for him (literally, because he probably drugged them). You could've totally partied at his house and witnessed him get noise violations!

I'm going to assume you were asking a somewhat rhetorical question, though. You list a lot of deal breakers there, and when combined, well... people like that don't even deserve a first chance.

Is it safe to assume you let this one down nicely?

Jewels said...

Brandon - I didn't even have it in me. I just didn't return his text the next day and let him take the hint.

People like that aren't worth an explanation if they aren't in your face.

Anonymous said...

Awww, meatheads have feelings too (or at least that's the rumor). At least he didn't turn into a stalker (yet?).

Anonymous said...

jules i'm with you. i'd ignore those calls like the plague. sorry meaty! He sounds like the definition of a classic frat boy. was he still in college? or just still living the dream?

Carrie Maxwell said...

judge away!

what's that saying... better to judge than waste time with a loser.

something like that anyway.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I agree with what Miss Carrie said. Ditto.

Steph said...

"That's PHENOMINAL!"

haha. ;)

Faith said...

Something for me to look forward to, man meat.

Jewels said...

Brit - haha - living the dream.

Actually he is about to turn 30 - which would have been another "huge ass party i'm throwing" conversation.

Jewels said...

Carrie and MMM - WORD!!!

Steph - I was hoping someone would quote!!

Faith - he is all yours.

Anonymous said...

I'm not even sure what to say to all that. I'm speechless. And he would have left me speechless sitting there in front of him, mouth agape, shocked - and dismayed - that 1) he did not drown in the bathtub as a small child, 2) someone can be THAT MEATHEADED, and 3) he had not been judged harshly enough on previous dates to know better than to be THAT MEATHEADED. I'm glad you weren't shocked or dismayed to death. I will ask a kinder soul to pray for him.

Faith said...

I think I'll pass. I prefer the married/attached ones...

Anonymous said...

I agree. You don't need to give this one a second chance. I'm surprised you didn't get up and walk out on him.