Monday, February 23, 2009

My Single Ladies

In referral to my previous post about some naive women, I thought it was only fair to give you some insight into a typical text/email conversation between my friend Faith and I about dating. Just for comparison's sake. (note this is actually copy and pasted in, word for word)


Faith : BUT- I have see him before. When Michele first told me about him, she had me look him up. He is cute

Me : Well there you go – you know you are dating so much its making me tired of dating. Lol. I don’t know how you do it.

Faith : Well, to be fair... I haven't really been on too many dates. Just 3.

Me : Well you are out meeting lots of boys – lol. 3 dates LAST WEEK. just kidding.

Faith: I approach a lot of them myself. I don't have the patience to play cat and mouse games.

me : - aww… aren’t they all?

Faith: I'm just shooting a gun in a barrel of fish.

me: For me, I feel like those fish I’m shooting at are minnows. Lol. amoebas maybe.

Faith : amoebas are kinda cute

me: Yet boogers to catch.

Faith: i laughed at the word boogers

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. So this is what women talk about to each other.

Julie, if you just got rid of your standards, I'm sure the fish you'd be shooting at would be bigger (both literally and figuratively).

Anonymous said...

i never did like seafood. tell faith maybe she needs to stop shooting so much, she may be scaring the good guys away.

Jewels said...

yes brandon - that was a word for word conversation via email.

that is exactly what was said.

glad i could grant you insight.

i'll stick with my standards.

Jewels said...

brit - i'm not a big fan of the "fishy smell" myself.

Carrie Maxwell said...

is that amoeba/minnow comment a short joke... cause that's how i'm taking it and it's funny.

you've dated a lot of shorty's it seems.

anyway.... i say keep shooting till you find a decent one.

and i use the term decent loosly.

:D

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

OMG..........I'm so glad that I'm not in that dating world anymore.
I would be horrible at it now.
I'm impressed by nothing. I don't give a pig's patootie.......
I need a Martini......

p.s. why is your word verification "butspa"? seriously...

Anonymous said...

cute... like the new header girly!

Jewels said...

thanks lil phant! i owe it to my friend angela and her creativity - it only took me a few weeks but i'm on my way to being within a mile of your awesomeness

Anonymous said...

oh STOP YOURSELF already.