Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Denial and Acceptance

Last night my friend Faith and I went to see "The Killers" concert. As we were sitting in the cheap aka radio winners aka FREE seats, drinking our beers, watching the opening band, we had a conversation via text.

(hey it was loud in there, it was easier than shouting)

It went a little something like this;

Faith : I was right earlier when I bet I wouldn't like this band

Me: I know, pick a style already

Faith: Maybe I'm just old

Me: No- we are not old. They aren't that good - I don't have time for this, come back when you have some hits.

Faith: I really don't like the prerecorded stuff.

Me: Hey we liked it with Ace of Base

Faith : But we were 9

Me : Damn.... we ARE old : (

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You saw The Killers?

Dude. I'm so jealous.

Carrie Maxwell said...

ha! :)

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Holy crap batgirl......I totally remember ACE OF BASE!!

Now, it is I who feels old. Older than dirt. Really old.........

Now I can't get "All that she wants is another baby" outta my head. Arrrg!!

Another fine post jewels. I can't imagine why you would ever call yourself senseless.

Anonymous said...

you don't like the killers? what the crap julie.

Jewels said...

No no no... I love the killers, this was the opening band - terrible