Monday, February 9, 2009

This One's For The Boys

Boys - I have some advice for you. Now this stuff if pretty valuable. I don't know if you have heard, but I am pretty awesome. That's right, your humble Senseless Jewels has been declared right up there with grated Parmesan in writing. (Can I just say I love me some grated Parmesan? Especially with a little pasta? To be put in the same category is an honor..I'd like to thank my parents, my dogs, my.......ok you get it)



Alright - I'm giving you this advice for free, so take it in. It has been brought to my attention both about myself and my friends complaining about other girls as well....


The Blackberry** issue. **Sub ipod, phone, cell, etc if needed**



I have been told I was not nice or rude when a guy was talking to me because I was texting away on my Blackberry. I have had my guy friends complain about their date because;

"She was playing around on her Blackberry the whole time"

Boys - this is going to hurt.


She is not the one with the problem.



YOU ARE.


That's right, to reference the now #1 movie boys - this means "She's Just Not That Into You."


I don't care what she says, what friend is having a bad day, what work must be taken care of, this is a HUGE "get lost". The girl does not have a Blackberry problem, she has a "I'm on a boring date problem" - boring date meaning YOU SIR!!!

Sometimes, it's easier for us to act busy than to say "look, you're a tool - move along". Besides, we may get a free drink or two out of you..... what you want me to lie about that??

Take my free hint here fellas... the next one I may charge for, simply because of my now documented awesomeness.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the pink background? I liked it.
I'm surprised the boys didn't pick up on this by themselves. Duh!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I guess the boys you ran into didn't have a clue, cause...dang.

Anonymous said...

yes... amen. if i'm into a guy, there's no touching the phone, in fact, i might even lose track of it for a few hours.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Amen sister.....then Amen to the Amen. Some boys are so dumb that you could drop a nucular warhead on them and they still wouldn't get it. At all.....they'd still be lost. Do the dating women of the world a favor and straighten them all out!!

Future dater's of America will than you ;=}

Unknown said...

It's amazing guys can't get this hint. But then again, the guys you're willfully ignoring probably think they're so great that your excuses are valid ones, and once they pass, you'll focus 100% on him.

Or they could just drug your drink. You know, whatever works for them.

Jewels said...

Brandon- You joke - but after the way I felt friday night - I did question it.

This is why you always have your drink in sight...

Anonymous said...

It's unfortunate that we live in a time where you have to be that cautious, even in a public place with dozens of people around. As much as I joke about it, I know it's a serious thing and can't blame you for being cautious. The guys who do attempt it should be among those that are neutered.

On a side note, when I'm commenting on your blog, I should probably start linking to my own instead of using my google account which links to a nonexistent blogger one.

Jewels said...

You read my mind - How else are you going to get views and kudos for your friendly and generous attitude towards women?

Jewels said...

planodenis aka MOM (hehe),

I was tired of the pink, and people were complaining about it being hard to read.

Anonymous said...

Well, now your page is dull. Not your comments.

The boys you meet are just too dumb. Maybe you arem't meant to meet the right one in a bar like I did. Hehe.

Jewels said...

Wow - being called out by my own Mom.

Touche.