Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Hypothesis, Experiment, and Conclusion

I have decided, that at least in my limited experience, women's gyms do not work.

I joined an all women gym last spring. I went 3 to 4 times a week, if not more, and I enjoyed it ok. I didn't have to worry about looking stupid, or guys staring at me(whether it be in a flattering or ridiculing way). I went in considering this to be so much better than the pressure you feel when having the opposite sex around watching you.

My conclusion?

In my experience;

No pressure = No results

Everyday I recognize the women walking in, and everyday those women are doing the same workout routines. I have been a member 8 months now, seeing the same people. The realization came THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME! The only woman I have seen drop any weight, is the one who GAVE BIRTH!!

So, once my membership is over, I'm back to the co-ed world of grunting and inferiority complexes. At least that inspires me to move my ass and run faster, harder, and at a steeper incline so the hot guys don't think I'm a wuss. Inferiority for me = results.

4 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

yeah, i'm not buying that one.

i worked out at a women's gym and got in great shape... of course we're talking ten years ago... but still.

my point is... you can't rely on someone else to motivate you.

if you're going to focus on your fitness and health... it matters not where you do it. what matters is your inner drive. right now i'm working out in my livng room and it's gong great.

you can do anything you put your mind to.


ugh... and seriously turn off the word verfcation. it makes me crazy!

Liz said...

I think you are partially right. I don't really have an opinion on this though. I will say that it doesn't matter to me who is around when I'm working out. If I've got my mind in it, I'm doing it no matter what. Does that make sense? You might as well use it to get jump started before you go back to co-ed. I mean, you're paying for it, right?

Unknown said...

Makes sense. The feeling of insecurity and inferiority pushes some people to be the best they can. Jealousy is a great motivator too.

It doesn't seem like Carrie understands that few people have enough self motivation, either that or she confuses self motivation with exactly what you're talking about.

Jewels said...

Brandon - ok - so I need my ex;s new gf in the same gym... check.