Monday, January 19, 2009

Normal Please?

This time last week I was getting home from work, with nachos and a glass of wine. Now I'm swishing warm salt water and pudding. You have no idea how badly I want me some nachos!

I am going back to work tomorrow, and actually REALLY excited about it. I haven't even driven since Wednesday night, I am ready to get going! And now I'm hearing at my follow up appointment this week I get a syringe to squirt water in the holes in my gums to get food out. Gee... doesn't that sound fun and uplifting?

In the meantime, I slept pretty much all day, with a marathon of Jon & Kate plus Eight in the background. I love that show. The crazy thing is she was my age, 27, when she was pregnant with those sextuplets. I can't even fathom!

I had a family issue over the past few days - I guess people can often surprise you in bad ways too. How do you rebuild from that? I'm not sure, I just know you have too - especially with family.

Writing this didn't help, I still want some nachos.

3 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

i had mine out when i was 18... one was impacted.

i didn't have any pain, no swelling... and it was rather disappointing.

now i'm counting my blessings.

... that was almost 15 years ago... you'd think they would have come up with a better technique by now. squirting food out of the holes...??? um no.

i am glad you're feeling better. and after reading all this, i'm a little bit jealous that i didn't get to help nurse you back to health. oh well... you're one lucky girl! :)

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Jon and Kate plus eight huh? Okay. Alrighty then.

Prince and I had nacho's last night. Don't be hatin.......

Jewels said...

Dude - I will trade with your 15 year old self, you can have the pain and swelling, i just want my life back!