Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some Crazy Talk

You know, sometimes, and this is no lie, sometimes.... I wish I could drink the Kool-Aid. Sometimes I wish that I felt and believed all the hype about "hope, change and a better America." I don't, but man on occasion I wish I do.

Why?
- I would probably be happier in my naivete.
- The majority of my friends wouldn't view me as a "Crazy Republican"
- I wouldn't be so upset when I read or watched the news EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- I could have some amount of respect for Clooney, Penn, Sarandon, Damon, etc. and actually be able to stomach their movies/music again.
- I would truly think the government was going to improve in the next four years.


Just saying. Sometimes I wish I could drink the Kool-Aid.

4 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

well... it probably won't improve, but we'll survive it, just like we've survived all the others.

it's a bitter pill to swallow... but it doesn't make you nieve to accept that what will be, will be. obama is president, and life will go on. you have to play the cards your dealt... the only thing dwelling in your misery will do is make you unhappy

Anonymous said...

oh julie, i fear we are kindred spirits. crazy republican i am as well. believe in the hope, i do not.

Anonymous said...

You sound wise beyond your years! Since I am a much "older" Republican, I can only share your feelings on this one.....

Anonymous said...

Hey, take a drive up north, where it's the liberal dems that are crazy. Girl, you're just outnumbered down where you are.

It's overwhelming.

I was miserable during the Clinton years, and I was 19-22 at the time.

I don't want to do that again. We will survive, like Carrie says.

Hang in there, we've always got Biden to keep us laughing.

;-)

I feel ya, sista.