Friday, January 23, 2009

It Only Took Three Days...

It Only Took Three Days

Three days and I’m fed up, disgusted, frightened, and just about ready to give up all resolve I had to try and respect this man. How does this sound like a good idea to ANYONE?? I feel like I’m beating my head against the wall here.

I just read this article;

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17862.html

First of all; how is any generalization of “I won” reaching across the aisle and being bipartisan? Did I miss the day we changed the meaning of the word? Pelosi is so excited she doesn’t know what to do with herself, and America, America is being torn to shreds.

“The exchange arose as top House and Senate Republicans expressed concern to the president about the amount of spending in the package. They also raised red flags about a refundable tax credit that returns money to those who don’t pay income taxes, the sources said. The Republicans stressed that they want to include more middle class tax cuts in the package, citing their proposal to cut the two lowest tax rates — 15 percent and 10 percent — to ten percent and five percent, rather than issue the refundable credit Obama wants”

That just makes sense! Give a rate cut to those of us paying taxes INSTEAD of giving “refundable credits” (aka welfare, aka charity, aka hand outs) to those who do not even PAY taxes to begin with!

Second of all, with Obama canceling out Bush’s ban on overseas funding for groups that promote abortion, my tax dollars are being doubly misused!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am PERSONALLY not a supporter of abortion. At the same time though, I would never tell another human being what to do, the choice is theirs. However, I do not feel that I should have to pay for anyone’s abortion against my will, ESPECIALLY people in FOREIGN COUNTRIES.
Good start Nobama… and I pray Lord, watch over us and our fine country created by our forefathers, and keep her strong in a time of such blatant disregard of what You stand for.

1 comment:

Carrie Maxwell said...

you're going to have to stop reading and watching the news if you want to make it through the next four years.

seriously.