Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Tried to Go it Alone

So every night since my surgery I have set an alarm, or had a friend wake me up to take a pain pill at the advised time. Yesterday I was feeling pretty decent, so last night, I tried to go it alone.

I do not advise this. While I slept 9 hours, I also woke up even more swollen than when I went to bed and in the pain I hadn't felt since the beginning. I have decided I am not ready to go rogue, I'm following the rules, I am taking all the medicines until my follow up on Thursday.

I took a shower today, that helped - and THANK YOU NICOLE - I ate some chicken noodle soup. Wow, did I miss the taste of chicken. However, it still hurts to open my mouth too much or to smile... kids - do this when they tell you to, you know when you are 16 and heal faster. Do not wait, it just gets worse.

My friends are still so awesome. They have been there for me all the time, and I know they would be even more if I needed them. Nicole with soup and a movie, Emily with the constant catering and company, Christina for the heating pad, Angela, Melissa and Faith with time and little gifts, and Michelle - the nurse - taking out the bloody gauze. You guys are AMAZING!

I don't know if I will take an extra recovery day tomorrow or not. I am trying to feel it as I go. I really am wanting to go back to work, yes I know how crazy that sounds, but I am. I am suffering from MAJOR cabin fever as I have not left my home since going in for the surgery Thursday morning. I would love to see people, and get dressed, and DO something outside this 600 square foot home of mine. However, I'm torn because I know first hand after last night what happens when I push myself too hard. I certainly do not want another day like this one.

Right now I think I'm just going to drink some water, eat some pudding, and pray for some guidance as what is best for me. I REALLY want to leave my home, but I don't want to be stuck here for any longer than necessary because I try to go it alone again.... time will tell! Hope to see you all soon!

No comments: