Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things About Me

I did this on my facebook, so I thought I'd put it here for the heck of it.

Rules:Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1.I don’t watch movies, tv shows, or read books more than once except for a rare select few.
2.I don’t like odd numbers. Yet denominations of 5 are ok with me.
3.My parents divorced when I was a baby so until I was 13 I flew back and forth twice a year by myself. Every time I would cry, and almost every time I would be bumped to first class because of it. One of the stewardesses even became my pen pal for awhile.
4.I’m not sure where I stand on the whole issue of ghosts. I don’t necessarily believe they exist, but I don’t want them to prove they DO to me either.
5.Almost any show that runs a marathon on a Sunday can get me hooked. About a month ago I caught 3 episodes in a row of One Tree Hill on Soapnet, now I’m almost through Season 1 on netflix and I record it every time its on TV.
6.As a child I was 100% a cat person. When my Mom decided to get a “family dog” my sophomore year in high school, I snottily stated “I will not walk it, pet it, feed it, or clean up after it, I don’t want a dog.” Within one year that dog was sleeping with me in my bed, I now have two dogs of my own. No cats.
7.In 3rd grade I ditched my comforter and used my New Kids on The Block sleeping bag as my only bedding. It. Was. Awesome.
8.The best job I ever had, besides babysitting, was working at Radio Disney when I was 18-20 in the studio with the morning show DJ, Dean. We had a blast, I have never laughed so hard. I literally could not wait to get to work every day. I miss it.
9.Every single day I wish I had stayed in school and finished my degree even if it meant moving back in with my parents, I hope to do it sometime soon. (Finish my degree, not move back in with my parents)
10.The first big trip I ever took was to New York City with some of my middle school theatre people when I was between 7th and 8th grades. This trip solidified my best friend status with Becki. : )
11.My biological father has chosen not to be in my life since I was 13 years old. I still don’t know why, but I am a stronger person because of it, and have an amazing stepfather who is my Dad in every way that matters.
12.I accidentally injured my brother twice while trying to get him to behave. The first time he was jumping on the bed and when he wouldn’t stop, I pulled him down. He broke his leg. The second time he wouldn’t go to sleep and was harassing me so I pushed him and he hit his head on the dresser. He had to get multiple stitches. I still feel really guilty about both, but ironically I was trying to save him from injury or getting in trouble.
13.I have two facebook accounts. Everyone from my job started adding me as a friend, and I started getting work related “wall comments” and on the other side I was censoring other comments so my boss wouldn’t see. So I just completely separated the two.
14.I have had a “Yorkie” calendar every year for several years, and I still have them all. Why, I do not know, but I do.
15.I went to the NKOTB reunion show in October in San Antonio, and I bought a t-shirt that says “Property of Jonathan Knight”, I have never worn it, except once for about 30 minutes.
16.I have spent multiple evenings(not in succession) on rock musician Will Hoge’s tour bus. It was far more innocent than I imagined or had seen in movies.. Everyone just danced around and drank Lone Star and Jack Daniels (not mixed). There were about 10-15 people cramped in the front of the bus. Entertaining times none the less.
17.My two yorkies, Wilson and Gracie, are my children. They sleep in bed with me (usually under the covers), they lick my finished plate, and I talk to them daily.
18.The worst day of my entire life was when my grandpa, Pop, passed away. I was the only family member with my grandmother at the hospital at that time of day...when she got the news. Seeing someone lose their husband of 63 years that they had been with everyday since they were 19, is the most gut wrenching thing I have ever seen.
19.I have major commitment issues. I had 3 serious relationships in 4 years, with 2 of the 3 cheated on me. Therefore I have kind of shut off for the last couple of years, and focused on me.(Also see #11)
20.From 16-18 my best friend Becki and I probably spent around $1,000 being in the first 5 rows of NSYNC and Backstreet Boy concerts. And another $1,000 attending every other boyband show we could find within driving distance. Sure it may have been silly, but I still smile and think of my best friend every time I hear a song or think of it. That’s worth more than $2,000 to me.
21.In reference to #20 we met NSYNC in August of 1999 after we followed them to their hotel. For months after that the back of my binder was an 8x10 of me and Lance Bass. Of course he’s gay. This is probably a whole separate facet of my commitment issues in number 19.
22.I went to homecoming with Michael Urie when I was a sophomore, he is now doing awesome and on the ABC show Ugly Betty. However, every time he wears a dress on the show I get a phone call. Thanks dude. I had a HUGE crush on him in 9th and 10th grade : ).
23.One of my best friends, Tamara, I actually met in a Backstreet Boys chat room. Funny thing is it was a really fun story to tell guys who picked us up in bars in later years. They seemed to get a kick out of it.
24.To this day, even though I act very confident I am always astounded if people like me.
25.I am a very outgoing person and love going out and making new friends. However, I almost ALWAYS have anxiety issues and get shy on two occasions. One, before a first or sometimes second date. Two, on my birthday, I absolutely DESPISE having Happy Birthday sung to me. In fact when I was a kid and the wait staff at Cheddar’s came over to sing to me, I slid off the booth under the table.

3 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I love, love, love this post senseless jewels!! I totally remember your being bumped up to first class every year. The first time you cried to the stewardess, I think that you were just a little frightened.....

The other times? Me thinks you were "workin it" girl so you could get those extra peanuts.......HA

Anonymous said...

I like you.

And I don't like having happy birthday sung to me, either.
I don't like a roomful of people staring at me. Most people don't.

Jewels, you're okay.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and focusing on yourself?

Now is the time.

Do it. Cherish it. Get to know and love yourself.

blah blah, I know. ;-)