Friday, January 16, 2009

Chipmunk Cheeks

So I had my wisdom teeth extracted yesterday. I'll spare the details, but I am sitting with a heating pad on the left side of my face at the moment. Apparently, I had a spider nerve around my bottom left tooth. That sucks, and it has ruined my dreams of a perfect recovery... however, I hear Alvin and the Chipmunks are hiring.

Glass half full right?

I am so amazed and humbled by my friends. First there was all the well wishes I received before hand, and those that called to check up. The rock stars here are Emily and Michelle. These two amaze me. The anesthesia and I did not get along post op - and after the vomiting had passed, I could not do or think of anything but the pain. There they were, literally taking bloody gauze out of my mouth, and replacing it, waking me up for pills, and wiping my drool. Who can ask for better friends than that?

Today Faith showed up with some soft food and just sat here while I slept, she had the day off and could have been home sleeping.

Friends are the most amazing gift, I'm sure you all know this. However, stop and think how far you'd go for them, because I know mine would go that far for me.

PS - still under the influence of drugs so forgive whatever errors persist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jewels, don't spit out those blood clots. Trust me. Leave them there, they serve a purpose.