Friday, March 6, 2009

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm

I am at my parents house for a wedding this weekend. I made the ever so exciting 3.5 hour drive last night and then went to bed in my brothers messy (understatement of the century) room. This morning, my Dad and my brother were kind enough to take my car to the family mechanic.

My Dad has always been a goofy absentminded guy, and whether intentionally or not, he is hilarious.

After my Dad and brother returned, I was letting the dogs in the backyard while talking to my brother and my Mom.

Mom : Where's your dad? Did he leave? (yelling) AL!!!!

Al: Here (this was coming from the next room)

So Mom walks off to him..... and then....

Mom : Where are your pants?

Now that's something you don't want to hear....

Oh boy.

10 comments:

Faith said...

Love it for sure

lovelyprism said...

I hope that was before he went to the mechanic's in your car!

Anonymous said...

I doubt a pantsless dad is going to be the oddest experience of your weekend, but you're off to a great start! Good thing your old buddy Jack is along for the ride.

Jewels said...

Hahaha!! Lovelyprism it was after they got back, he decided to change - in the living room.

Brandon - jack will be my bff.

Anonymous said...

ah yes, it never fails. i went to my parents this week, of course, which is where my blog came from. and sure enough, i hear this ungodly noise in the garage. my dad is refilling my tires with air. it's like why take my car to lube pros? it's easier just to visit my parents.

see, the only difference is with MY parents. ... my dad never would have heard my mom yelling cus he has so much hearing damage from playing in a band and being a hippie for like 30 years. unfortunately, that just drags out the process until i just end up communicating between the two of them.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, in Britain, pants are underwear not outerwear.
Which lends your post even more weight over the pond - dads without pants. Chilling.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen "So I Married An Axe Murderer"?

You should.

Heeheehee.

Anonymous said...

skip to 1:20

Jewels said...

womaninblack - that earned a full out SHUDDER from me! LOL - hysterical

Jewels said...

Pinky - it won't take me there!! :( Sad! But I LOVED that movie - it has been years since I have seen it - but I used to rent the VHS over and over again! Hagis!