Friday, March 13, 2009

Cat Fight

I was reminded by a discussion in the comment section at my friend blunt delivery’s blog, of an elementary school argument that turned rather, well, embarrassing. I know – you are thinking what was NOT embarrassing about you in elementary school Jewels… well.. nothing. From my acid washed ruffle denim skirts, to my annual perm, I in no way escape ridicule. There was however, one unique incident I don’t think anyone else can claim…

The Cat Fight of 4th grade, with Katie G.

Katie was new in town the previous year and we became fast friends. We would spend the night at each other’s house and watch “Steel Magnolias” until the VHS tape wouldn’t work anymore. One night, Katie G was at my house staying over and we had a typical 4th grade fight. I don’t remember what it was about, only that we went to sleep mad at each other.

When we went to sleep I had evenly trimmed bangs, when I woke up, one side of my bangs were, for all intents and purposes, gone. They were maybe half an inch long sticking straight up.

After Katie went home my Mom and I were trying to figure out what happened, and somehow I came to the conclusion that Katie had freaking CUT my bangs. Oh man was I pissed.

Monday at recess I called her out. We were being called to line up to go back into class and were arguing again and I said “YOU CUT MY BANGS” . Katie of course denied it, whatever, I knew the truth. She was mad at me and took the scissors and cut my bangs. Fingers were pointed, words were said, feelings were hurt, and I looked ridiculous with a mini spike on the right front side of my head where said bangs used to be.

After that, obviously Katie and I were no longer friends. Months later, I was laying on the couch watching tv with my Mom. I felt a slight tickling and heard my Mom say “Oh crap”. I raised my eyes up, and standing over my on the couch cushion, EATING MY BANGS was my cat Angel (rip). Apparently she liked hair spray.

Whoops.

Sorry Katie G.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for verifying my previous claim that all girls are insane. I appreciate it.

Also, I can't believe we were so naive in the 80s and early 90s with not only our clothing, but our hair styles. So. Bad. Perms? Ugh.

Jewels said...

Hey - I had a perm pretty much ALL through elementary school, and the push up socks. I was rocking it.

Unknown said...

I'm sure you scared your friend for life!

Jewels said...

Emily - I wouldn't know - we were no longer friends. Can't say I blame her. Oh well - I still think of her when I watch Steel Magnolias.

Anonymous said...

thats pretty bad, you're right. but i don't know what's worse - having your psycho fatal attraction elementary school friend chop them off in your sleep, OR ending up with the same result after having your mother trim them

Carrie Maxwell said...

what a bitch.



hahaha. kidding of course. that's funny.

Carrie Maxwell said...

so was the cat's death hairspray enduced.

just curious?

Carrie Maxwell said...

oh, one last question...

is katie g any relation to kenny g?



aahhh... i crack myself up.

Jewels said...

Brit - that cat of mine - drama inducing.

Carrie, are you drinking before noon today?