Sunday, March 15, 2009

Drinking and Texting

Ok, my name is Senseless Jewels and I have a problem. I am an alcohol induced texter.


I am not sure when it started, I do know I have improved. This is due to no effort of my drinking self, but by sober Jewels who deletes some numbers from her phone to avoid such embarrassment.


There are always two main instances...between an ex boyfriend, "short lived relationship", or a random make-out guy(PG thank you very much), or even just a POSSIBLE slight inkling of liking.. All rationalization is lost so pretty much everyone is fair game. (Please note on weekends this is after midnight, however on weekdays with happy hour anytime beyond 6pm is dangerous)


1. I text silly messages with no point such as "Whatcha up to?" or "How have you been?" to guys I really don't have feelings for. Maybe I just need a little ego boost or maybe I'm just bored and want someone to talk to.

2. I text said messages to guys who I previously dumped or ended things with but they still liked me. This is never good. This always,always ends up badly. This is not just a one night instance. This then reignites their hope that I have some interest, admittedly my fault. Then the next day I get the "so what day works for you for dinner this week?" CRAP!!!! Now I have to dump them, AGAIN!


Overall - laying in bed this morning after a fun night on the town with some fun friends, I was having the typical morning after reaction as I remembered texts I had sent. Please note not one of these girls stopped me. Not a one.


"ohhh... CRAP" as I bury my head under the covers.


I'm stopping. You all are my witnesses. What do I think is going to come out of this that is GOOD? All I get is to make fun of MYSELF, and frankly I MUCH prefer making fun of others.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a tool for GMail called GMail Goggles that makes you answer math questions before you can send an email to save people from the embarrassment of drunk emailing. Sounds like you need one for texting... or just having your phone taken away from you after a certain number of drinks.

Faith said...

If we stopped you, there wouldn't have been a blog....

Jewels said...

Brandon - I have often said I need a breathalyzer on my cell phone. Math wouldn't help me. I'm awesome at it and I love math - it would just make me more determined.

Jewels said...

Faith - if you'd stopped me I'd have a little more dignity this morning - there are always things to blog about.

Anonymous said...

Oh who needs dignity these days anyway. Haven't you watched the news lately? Dignity is totally out of style.

I can only guess which guy(s) you texted!

Jewels said...

Brandon, what can I say - I like having some sense of dignity although of those i texted will never reach me in embrassment.

There were 3. You know who they are.

Anonymous said...

oh jules seriously. stop being me for ONE SECOND OF YOUR LIFE.

I ALWAYS do this?!?!! what is our problem.

And it's always, always a guy that still likes me, a random makeout, or an ex ALWAYS! well, sometimes kenny.

So, check it. a couple weeks ago, we went out and I got pretty bad. It was round about 1 am and I started CALLING. Oh yes, calling. Called the random, called kenny, and then my phone died. So i stole my friend dana (youroneandonly on my comments) cus i must have thought it was an EMERGENCY to call these people. However, I know nobody's number.

the next morning I get a text from her: "why the heck did you call 411 like 7 times last night?"

haha. I still didn't get a hold of anyone cus I probably couldn't remember their last names either.

Jewels said...

Girl I wish I knew why, all I know is I want to STOP!! My mornings are filled of moment by moment memories and screaming "DAMN IT!", ugh. And then even though I don't like them, I look like the creep.

We are idiots - if you figure it out - you let me know.

Anonymous said...

... so is this problem exclusive to girls? Or just crazy people in general?

Jewels said...

Oh no Brandon, I have received some pretty awesome drunk texts in my days.

And I mocked them endlessly... which is why I am all the more ashamed of my own.

Atleast mine are harmless. Some of the one's I received would make you blush.

Anonymous said...

i second that jules, yes. calls, texts, random visits... you name it.

of course, whitty, i'm not above saying that it could be exclusive to crazies... cus i'm definately that.

Anonymous said...

Lol, now that's funny!! It's a good thing that we didn't have cell phones and blackberries when I was dating or I'd probably be right there with you.
Wait.......did I just call myself old?? S**t............

Unknown said...

Maybe just have one drink. Or a root beer float. I had a root beer float the other day. The bartender at Aussie's smiled and giggled a little, but now she has a story (short) to tell.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, one drink is way cheaper than multiples.