Sunday, December 7, 2008

Just a Moment

I was sitting at home tonight watching "Brothers and Sisters" and I remembered a moment back when I was 20 years old. I unexpectedly woke up in a great deal of pain and had to have emergency surgery.

The moment I remember is being in "pre-op" with my Mom and Dad on either side holding my hands. I recall being in so much pain that even though I was not crying, tears were streaming down my face.

I remember my Dad looking at me and saying

"You know if I could take your pain for you right now I would".

How lucky am I that that man chose to be my Dad.

5 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

this is so sweet. :) your daddy is a very special man... and you are a very special daughter.

Steph said...

this is precious. i thought about grace. :)

thanks for sharing your heart!

Anonymous said...

There's no greater love.
No doubt that he'd lay down his life for you, as well.

Liz said...

Judging by the post, you have every idea how lucky you are. However, I see it from a different spectrum. I envy that and if at all possible I know more than you do how lucky you are to have such a great father.

Here Here to good dads!

Anonymous said...

Julie, I am so glad I married a man who has always thought of you as his daughter. You were two when we married and from that day forward, you belonged to him. He has always thought of you as his precious daughter. Love you.
Mom