Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Politics in the Media

Never have I been more aware of an election, and I believe the same can be said for a great deal of people in my age group. However, I am frustrated and tired of having to seek the facts and information on my own. What are reporters and the "American Broadcast Networks" for? Apparently they are merely there for personal commentaries and agendas, not to inform the American public. This is why I feel the need to search for the facts in black and white on my own accord.

I enjoy some commentaries, but only when they are addressed as such, and not hidden behind the veil of "breaking news." Gustav is news. The economy is news. Our military in Iraq is news. A 17 year old girl being pregnant that did not ask to be in the spotlight, is not news. People make mistakes, let those that haven't cast the first stone.

I really enjoyed this COMMENTARY I came upon by Peggy Noonan for the Wall Street Journal, favorite quote

"Dig deep into Sarah Palin, get all you can, talk to everybody, get every vote, every quote, tell us of her career and life, she may be the next vice president. But don't play games. And leave her kid alone, bitch."

It explores both sides, and is an enjoyable read.
http://online.wsj.com/article/declarations.html

2 comments:

Liz said...

I agree with all the commentary stuff! I'm like "SHUT UP" to all the blah-blah-blah reports. UGH! You know I'm on the other side of the fence, but not when it comes to people that aren't doing their job and being the "INFORMATION CENTERS" they are supposed to be...which..uh...isn't that why they are there? I also agree with the high awareness this election has brought out. Maybe if anything, no matter who wins, it will have ignited a fire under some undecided voters and/or people that have been sitting around for GOD knows how long NOT exercising their RIGHT to vote. :) :)

Carrie Maxwell said...

i TOTALLY agree...

i've just recently got on the political bandwagon... because i finally feel like there's someone worth supporting.

by that i mean mccain/palin.

it's sort of funny the "dirt" they've pulled up on her... i think zach's been in more trouble than she has.

this whole thing with her kid... give me a break! free-loving free-spirited democrats of all people looking down on that... freaking perezhilton saying THAT's dirty in one breath... and in the next making inappropriate comments about what he'd like to do to her son.

cling to something real, jerks!

i loved her speech last night... FINALLY something real! i'm so tired of the bs.

okay... well that's enough from me.

:)