Monday, August 18, 2008

Seattle Day 4

Day 4 began with a little thing we all know as a hangover. Once again Emily and I woke up early to get our free breakfast on and catch a peek or two of the Olympics. We both got our food and coffee and sat at a table in our sweats and flip-flops. (Please do note I said sweats…. In August…) Emily is talking away and looks at me smiling and says “Can you be a little more perky?”

To which my hungover grumpy self replied “can you be LESS.” And well, that was the end of our breakfast conversation.

After a much needed nap we walked the Redmond Farmer’s Market across from our hotel then met some others of the wedding party for their lunch. Then it was time to get ready for the big day. Michelle (not the bride, but one of her bridesmaids) offered to do my eye make up so I went to their room. After she was done I looked in the mirror and almost passed out. For those of you who know me I don’t wear an incredible amount of make up so this was a huge change, but it looked great and I owe her one! I LOVED the other bridesmaids, how could I not? We all have a great girl in common!

We then proceeded to the location to drink some champagne mid-afternoon. (Oh, and to help the bride get ready..haha). Michelle looked more radiant than I had ever seen her, and calmer too which I am impressed with. Then it was downstairs to take all the pictures. Now, I have never been in a wedding before so it felt very surreal to me. Seriously, it’s exactly like the movies. Exactly. More fun though =).

Of course, this being Seattle, it starts drizzling as we all walk down the aisle. Mid ceremony we are in a full fledged downpour which you could not help but laugh at. Besides, rain at weddings = good luck! I wish I remembered more of the ceremony – I remember hearing the tears in Michelle’s voice as she said her vows, and I didn’t know if I myself was crying or it was the rain! It was followed by some wonderful food and wine via the reception… of course the groomsmen ran off to buy hard liquor and Jack in the Box (picky eaters those boys), so until caught, the wedding party had a hide out with the vodka!

As Michelle and Evan were going to go off to their hotel for the night, the remaining party went back to the hotel, changed, and then hit up a local dive bar. If any of you know me, you know that I always adamantly refuse karaoke and do not participate. Usually my reply to you is “you can not possibly imagine.” Well now, fortunately or unfortunately.. I am not sure, I have photo proof. This my friends, is why I do not do karaoke. Because I’m so awesome I tend to make the other people look silly of course.

Let this photo pose as a lesson to you all. Although it is 1am at your current location, it is still 3am to your body… and you have been drinking starting with champagne at 3pm. People have cameras. You will not remember this in the morning. Aw forget it… VACATION!

And here is the karaoke group that closed down the bar… and by closed down I mean we were basically the only people there in the first place.

Best vacation I have had that I can recall.. and the best and most touching weekend to be a part of with a lifelong friend =)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Yes Yes!! I like to hear about the festivities, but I'm ready to hear about real life, not life where people are getting married and get to hang out in Seattle (jealous much?) - LOL

Carrie Maxwell said...

looks like seattle was great!

i'm so glad you had a good trip, and i'm happy for michelle and evan.

wish them all the best for me.

love you!

xx

Unknown said...

Good times had by all the WHOLE time =)