Friday, August 29, 2008

Awww... The Pressure

Never do I feel more pressure to be funny than when in the company of a child. Back in the day (which was a TUESday by the way...jk), I was a nanny. I remember one of the kids trying to upset me by telling me about their other babysitter. I was told "she's prettier than you", "she's cooler than you", and I just smiled and nodded. Then came the kicker "she's funnier than you."



WHOA. Ouch.



I love laughing with kids and making them laugh... with no other audience can you make such a large fool of yourself without the repercussions.



I recently had lunch with one of my dear friends and her son on her birthday. I love Zachary... not only because he's a great kid, but also because he informed me on Tuesday that "you're not old." Truer words have never been spoken. After his initial request that I draw with him... which resulted in his disappointment... as I am a horrid failure, he accepted my suggestion instead...



what do we do?... we Bust A Move.

1 comment:

Carrie Maxwell said...

good times.

love you! :)