Monday, August 18, 2008

Over a week later I present.... Seattle Day 3

My life has been a rollercoaster of craziness since returning from Washington, I haven’t been able to pause to wrap my head around it let along blog much. Seattle was such an amazing trip though, I couldn’t not fill you in on the remaining days!

Friday, the 8th, we woke up early to get at the Continental breakfast and get back to bed. Our new friends Flavia, Megan and Kristen were nice enough to invite us along with them to see the Chateau Ste Michelle Winery that was actually very near our hotel. We did a tasting of 4 great wines…




Then took a short tour of the winery with the bottling and fermentation process, followed by another tasting! Wahoo!

The ladies and I then all proceeded to walk a ½ mile to the Red Hook Brewery. The tour wasn’t starting yet but we did partake in the 6 beer sampling they offered in the restaurant. Yummy! Emily and I then took a cab back to the hotel to get ready for the rehearsal dinner.

The rehearsal dinner was lots of fun with some great food in a great family friend of the groom’s backyard. It was beautiful, it’s hard not to fall in love with Seattle in the summer! Michelle presented her bridal party with Tiffany’s stem less wine glasses and a bottle of red (the woman knows me). There was lots of crying.. oh and Michelle got emotional too! (What can I say I was happy for her).

We then proceeded back to the groom’s family home and wedding location for some pre-wedding beer pong. And … true story, I had never played. First time… pretty tipsy.. please recall my day.. winery, brewery, open bar rehearsal dinner, beer pong… and on another time zone… it’s amazing I did it at all. However let me say… good game, everyone’s a winner. Oh and there was also a rousing round of “Flippy Cup” before we all called it a night. Good Night Seattle!

No comments: