Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good thing they are cute...



Ok the pups... Wilson has very little hair on his back legs and its been that way for awhile. I was hoping it was our short fight with fleas 6 weeks or so ago. I had them both at my parents in Dallas when I was in Seattle, when I got back Sunday (we flew in and out of DFW) I picked them up and drove back. Gracie threw up on the way back but I thought it was just car sickness. The next morning there was poop... if you can call it that.. EVERYWHERE... from both of them. Yuck. I took their food away, it continued ALL Day yesterday. So I took them to the VCA over here yesterday evening.

Wilson has a staph infection on his back legs so they had to give him a steroids shot. He and Gracie he BELIEVES both have a bacterial infection (which is what I thought), Gracie's is more advanced. She was dehydrated and lethargic so they had to give her fluids. Then they gave her a shot for nausea so she could actually keep down the medicine he was going to give her. So he gave them a liquid I have to give them via syringe for 5 days each dog, and pills I have to shove down their throat... 2 different ones for each dog daily. Plus I had to go buy pepto and imodiom ad to give them and a special expensive shampoo for Wilson. And they couldn't eat until today. When they could only have white rice and ground turkey or beef.

$480 later... they seem to be better.. there was no poop on the floor when I went home for lunch, and I used my lunch hour to COOK my dogs HOT lunch before proceeding to rush to make myself a quick sandwich to bring back to the office and eat at my desk.....




For the love of the dogs.....

2 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

ugh!

it's these momemts you re-think your status as a pet owner.

good thing they are few and far between.

glad the pups are feeling better.

p.s. can't you make a big batch of ground turkey and rice and keep it in the fridge?

Anonymous said...

I promise I did not make your dogs sick. My dogs are fine. I took very good care of the granddogs. They were loved. They slept with us, which by the way caused me to lose sleep. I am glad they are better.