Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Senseless Injuries Hurt The Most

Ouch

What makes you feel more asinine than injuring yourself in a dim-witted way that is entirely avoidable? For me, it would be having two instances within the span of several hours.

Foolish injury #1; While getting into bed last night. Now going to bed, I have to pick my one dog, Gracie, up because she can’t make the jump up to the height of the bed. Wilson usually does it himself. I picked up Gracie and put her on the bed, then climbed in the middle under the covers and called Wilson. He made a valiant effort, but the rear half of his body didn’t get the clearance desired, and with panic in his eyes he started sliding off the bed. I of course, being the devoted parent I am, dove to the rescue. As I reached Wilson with my right arm I reached behind me to place him on the bed. While doing so, I myself was sliding very similarly the way he had, but in the reverse position, down to the floor. Instead of dropping him and using my hand to stop my fall, I saved the dog and hit my chin on the hard wood floor. Duh. I then turned and looked up to see both dogs staring at me from atop MY bed.

Foolish Injury #2; Waking up this morning. I proceeded into the bathroom to turn on the shower, which always needs a couple of minutes to heat up. Upon rising, I slam the top middle of my head on the cabinet over the toilet. This is the 3rd time this has happened. I am not proud.

I now have a sore chin, a bump and scab on the top of my head, and a horrible headache.

I am feeling smart today!

Stay out of trouble or don’t get caught.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Years ago, while running lickity split to board a military helicopter, I leaped in through the open hatch (doorway) and slammed my head into the top of the opening. I darn near knocked myself out; had I not been wearing a steel helmet, I would have killed myself. We all do really dumb things sometimes. Watch out for those household accidents!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Jewels . . .

Semper Fi

Liz said...

OH dear!! DORK! I say this because I can because I do stupid stuff All. The. Time.

Anonymous said...

Oh man.
I can so relate.
I hit my head SO hard on the bottom of my kitchen cabinet door the other day that I had a knot on my head for weeks.
I even forgot than I had bumped it and became concerned that I might have a tumor growing.

Now THAT'S scary.

I hope your head and chin are feeling better. Happy late Thanksgiving!!