Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Everyday Goings On

No news…

I don’t have anything specific outlined or witty to say this week… so here are a few quick updates as of late ;

- The election is obviously over (unless you live in Minnesota… Stewart Smiley??? Really?) and so my passion for news is lacking. I just want to go back to some sort of normal on my television. I used to watch the Today show before this whole mess picked up and I’d like to go back. You know, back to when the main story was people with 18 kids or the newest movie? My 82 year old grandma and I were talking the other day, and she says “I miss my newspaper, every page is just O-Bama, O-Bama, O-Bama.” Now consider she lives in Alabama… so she said the Bama like Alabama. I will move on, but please do not come out at me with the lets reunite as one talk NOW when you didn't before. Not because I don’t believe it, but because its hypocrisy. You protested Bush the last 8 years and it was patriotic, now that the shoe is on the other foot it’s hate and rage. I’m just asking you to be all in, or not at all.

- One of my best friends came in town this past weekend. I Had not seen her in about a year as she still lives in Dallas. We used to basically be attached at the hip, spending most of our free time together. It was SO awesome to see her and I think it really perked me up in general. We did so much in one weekend. It was about everything I have done in Austin in 3 years combined into one weekend. I’m still exhausted, but I feel closer to “me” so to speak.

- My dryer is my latest home ownership headache. It turns on, it goes, but my clothes are damp and cold. There is no heat coming out of my freaking dryer!!! I looked up some information and I am keeping my fingers crossed it’s the easy fix. That being one of the two fuses has shorted so I need to restart that. That will be interesting tonight as none of my brakers are labeled. Ugh. If that’s not it, I will have to pay for a someone to come look at it as it is stackable in a very small closet in my rather small hallway. There is no way I could do that on my own without crushing one of my small pups in the process.

- My hair. I have issues with change as is. Going from blonde to red was a big change. Then red became strawberry blonde, which became orange, which became a dark auburn. Basically I have just declared I am trying to see how many different hair colors I can fit into one month. I have to give it to my hair dresser, she said it would be hard to maintain. When it faded to strawberry blonde I went rogue and did it on my own.. right now.. I think we’re ok but I don’t want to speak too soon.

- Friday is my birthday – 27 – not a big deal. I am going out with some girlfriends so maybe I’ll have some funny stories to report. My mom is coming into town tomorrow for a couple of days – but she’ll be going to bed when we are heading out – hopefully she won’t be too upset at our drunk butts rolling in at 2am. I told her be prepared to hold up my hair… she didn’t think it was as funny as I did.

- I have fully accepted something about my self and am trying to work on it. That being that when I feel less than, or inferior to something or someone, I become defensive and go on the attack. The only people I tend not to like are the people who don’t like me. It’s not a good quality – but a good quality is the knowledge I have and will acquire from realizing that.

- I saw one of the worst dancers of my life this weekend out with Sarah. I didn’t blame her at all. All I was thinking was… where the hell are her friends? Friends don’t let friends DO that. … Shout out to my friends…

Stay out of trouble or don’t get caught.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What an awesome post. You watch the Today Show? Your gag reflex is stronger than mine. ;-) I don't watch morning TV except FOX or CNN on occasion. Couric makes me wanna spew bile.

Sorry about your dryer. We bought a used one from a college guy for $50 bucks about 4 months ago. It works like a charm, except the buzzer goes off 4 times in 45 seconds. Oh well.

Happy Birthday, Jewels!!!! I so wish I could go out with you and your girlfriends. Please be sure and dance a few for me. Oh, and drink a Killian's for me, and a Newcastle. But only one. Because, dammmmm, they are rough.

Oh, my mom doesn't think it's funny, either. Not. One. Bit. (even though she did the exact same thing.) ;-)

Have fun and relax.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the hair? I totally feel ya. Mine is so jacked up right now. It's bleached white underneath, so I have to keep coloring it to avoid the horrible roots that show. And it won't hold any color for longer than a couple of weeks. Ugh.

Liz said...

Hooray for blogging again! Love the random post!

Jewels said...

Pinky- I am not a Couric fan. But I can handle Meredith Vierra. That is the only reason I can stomach it. Plus the muppets took over today - best reporters I have seen in awhile.

Carrie Maxwell said...

happy birthday.

sorry about your dryer. feel free to come over and do a load or two if you want. you're welcome anytime.

let's do a much overdue birthday lunch next week, k.

have fun tonight... don't do anything i wouldn't do. okay, okay, okay... have fun but just keep it in the middle somewhere between something i wouln't do and someting tessa wouldn't do. ;)

love ya lots.

Mortgage Guru said...

Check the lint trap...I think we had that issue once.

HOPE YOU HAD A FABULOUS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Sorry we missed it, we were in Vegas. :O)

HUGS!!