Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Young and Old

I was watching a friend/co-worker's 5 year old this past weekend and we were in the backyard enjoying the wonderful weather. I experienced a few things that afternoon.



1. Those Razor Scooters are danger on wheels.. Holy Crap I almost bit it so many times... but like the idiot i am, I kept going, and going, and going.....

2. The Power Wheels - pretty entertaining, even at 26 years old. You know the little "mini cars" that the kids drive around...That is until a certain 5 year old says



"Miss Julie.... why does it go so SLOOOWWW when you're on it?"



Damn.



My friend Tam showed me this photo when she was in town a couple of weeks ago. This is from December 2002.

"oh ugh" notices

- I had the mile long fake nails going on (lost those 4 years ago.. $60 a month is ridiculous)

- I was drinking a Smirnoff Ice (in my defense, I had only been 21 for a few weeks at the time)

- I still have that blue sweater... time to let go Julie... time to let go.



For the record, Avril Lavigne was VERY nice - can't speak for her now (I think she lost my number), but when we ran into her at the hotel that night - she was friendly.
Stay out of trouble or don't get caught....

4 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

i was going to ask if that was avril... it's unfortunte that she still looks that bad.

you on the other hand, are a smokin' hot redhead now, and i like the blue sweater.

thirdly, there is nothing wrong with smirnoff ice. and... YOU'RE NOT OLD. relish your last young years... because thirty creeps up on you like a pants that were in the dryer without cling-free.

Anonymous said...

I continue to enjoy your writing; as for finding yourself, you don't have to worry about that. You seem "together" to me, and this is coming from a really old guy.

Don't forget to vote!

Semper Fi

Anonymous said...

Carrie...you CRACK me up...ba dum dum!

Awesome that you met Avril. She looks like a shortie there.

It's always startling to me to look back on photos from the past. But you know what? Best to relish in the moment you're in. Seems like you're wicked smart to me. Stick with it, girl.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that you are starting to get out. You are not old! You are a smart girl with a good head on your shoulders.