Monday, October 13, 2008

Where does the hate come from?

This is a late night blog of basic commentary and opinion. It all begins with a question I have posed to many liberal friends of mine.

Where does the hate come from?

From my experience and what I have heard, most of this hate is directed at Sarah Palin. To name a few of the things actual associates/friends have said;

- "Palin should be hung up and shot" (a. hateful, b.. hung up AND shot?!?!?)
- "Her entire family makes me want to vomit"
- "She is a stupid c**t"
- "She is an embarrassment to women"

WHAT?!?! Seriously? Where does this come from? How is it possible to have such hate for someone you do not even know and has only been in the "public eye" for 5 weeks?

Her children - what's wrong with them? We can accept Jamie Lynn Spears pregnancy at 16 and even pay her $1 million dollars to be on the cover of a magazine....so Bristol Palin is pregnant?! She's keeping and raising the baby, what a huge decision. And what a brave girl to do that in the public eye. Who are you to judge? Did you raise a child as a teenager? No... you probably think it's better to follow Obama and support a failed abortion leaving the baby in a soiled linen room breathing and dying ALONE.

I think she's a great woman. What has she done? The problem is she has done more than THEIR CANDIDATE... she;s been a real mayor, he hasn't.. she's been a real governor, he hasn't... she's been in charge of the Alaskan National Guard.. he hasn't.

But don't be down.... he did help "community organize" an organization... maybe you have seen them in the news... ACORN? Heard of them?

Point is.. I have NEVER called Barack Obama a terrorist, said I hated him, or that he should be "hung up and shot", I have only presented FACTS of his past history and voting record.

I know he is "the one" to you and the super candidate, but I have an open mind, and yours is closed. Next time you come to me saying "Go Obama", BACK IT UP. Tell me a policy you believe in, tell me a vote you support or a stance you stand behind. Then, and only then, will I RESPECT YOU as a voter and as an American.

PS - My best friend in the world is a liberal supporting Obama and I still love and admire her. However, she told me in a "not good" tone, "you and Elisabeth Hasselbeck should do lunch. Seriously." For the record, I ADORE and LOVE Elisabeth Hasselbeck.. to be attacked DAILY by 3 women and barely offered a voice is courage in it's finest.. I would be honored to have lunch with her anytime, anywhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so correct to observe there is so much vitriol on both sides. This goes way beyond political differences of opinion; it does seem to border on the worst of human behavior.

I do criticize Obama because I am ideologically opposed to him. I also think he is being dishonest with voters about his agenda for my beloved America. However, I do not engage in filth about him or his wife ... but that is exactly what I see going on among his liberal backers. Over the weekend, three men and a woman were wearing T-shirts with disgusting verbiage demeaning Sarah Palin; McCain supporters in NYC over the weekend were treated worse than Osama bin-Laden . . . indeed, what is going on?

I've grown to expect "low class" behavior from the Hollyweed bunch, but the other day Congressman Lewis compared McCain and Palin to George Wallace. I was very disappointed that he allowed political expediency to interfere with his personal integrity.

I don't know how to fix this, Julie (my daughter's name, too). Maybe if we all just refused to participate in gutter politics?

Semper Fi

Carrie Maxwell said...

i agree with you both.

it's sad..... and i hate to classify ALL barack supporters as scrupulous people... but the majority sure appear to be.

i don't know which i'm more afraid of... the backlash of barack supporters if McCain wins, or the state of the union if barack does.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed you are such a strong young woman! To think, I knew you when . . . well, we won't go there, but you are an asset to this crazy world. Thanks for standing strong and stating your convictions. You know you have my AMEN!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed you are such a strong young woman! To think, I knew you when . . . well, we won't go there, but you are an asset to this crazy world. Thanks for standing strong and stating your convictions. You know you have my AMEN!

Rebecca said...

To add some objectivity... your region and demographic affects your perspective about hateful propaganda. For example, if you were a first generation Mexican-American living in Los Angeles, there's a good chance you would be fixated on Republican supporters at a recent rally noting that they were "afraid of Obama" and that he is an "Arab". Luckily, McCain grabbed the microphone from the woman and said "no ma'am." I think the candidates have kept the hatefulness to a minimum between them. As for supporters, people get emotional and say terrible things on behalf of both tickets. Racist comments abound regarding Barack and have little to do with his ability or inability to be president. Search and ye will find nastiness on both ends. And remember that it is easy to be biased if you're inundated with the beliefs of those in your community. The only purpose in that is to distract you from making your own decision and to make you focus on an Us vs. Them mentality. We're all citizens for crying out loud.