Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some random additions to my life's knowledge.

I have had a rather educational month involving some new and past people that I encountered. While spending the last couple of days forwarding emails and chains with co-workers and friends there are some things that we have determined.

-Twang = low class.
I was telling the President of our company a story from my recent trip that involved “Twang” and while she was laughing, she had no idea what it was (as I didn’t either previously). She later came out of her office and laughing reported “I just googled Twang, that is scary”. We then had a good laugh at the merchandise. Bored today? Google it…. Worth it.

- “That’s why I carry a knife.” Is a phrase you do not want to hear from the girl who is driving you around. Ever.

- There is an unimaginable amount of sexual references and gestures that can be made while cooking out. I will never look at condiments the same again.

Be cautious when the person you are with is so inconsiderate, that the mere offer of a tv tray in thoughtfulness makes even the most unworthy of candidates suddenly become mildly appealing. Remind yourself that “better than” is not equal to “good enough”.

There is actually a person out there that is perfectly happy being a permanent third wheel. And the other two wheels are ok as well…. Friends and I have continuously debated the Freudian possibilities of this one.

My friends are fabulous, hilarious, and so supportive. This forum does not have the room for all the encouraging words I have received over the last few days. I literally called atleast 10 of them on my drive home to tell them how much I appreciated them. I am sad for people who do not know real friendship.

It is possible for an individual to be SO incredibly CLOSED minded they actually think they are open minded. This is true, and rather frightening.

Christina wins with one of the best lines ever “You’ve seen his cards, and they suck.” And then there is the example of reassuring…
“He knows that he is out of his league when it comes to you, and it scares him so he is avoiding the whole situation. He KNOWS he messed up and he just can't do the right thing. He just isn't mature enough to deal with it. Unfortunately.

This is a reflection on him and his inability, not you
He has no idea how much entertainment we have had at his expense. Priceless!”


It is rather nice when you know you are correct in manners. I have not found one person, stranger or friend who disagrees with me here. Leaving right before your guest arrives is rude, and I have never had so many people tell me so. However as Shawn pointed out, it would have been ruder to say “oh and could you start dinner when you arrive?”

And most importantly – I have learned my tolerance for crass and juvenile people is a combined total of 2.50 days. That is when you must provide straight tequila.

Trust me – Google Twang.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

SERIOUSLY! What kind of inconsiderate person invites someone down to visit and can't even have the decency to be there when they show up?!?!? Was he really raised where that's ok?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

And this is why he ends up with insecure girls.. because only someone with no self worth would put up with that jackass and his loser "friends"... all two of them.

Anonymous said...

Who was the girl with the knife? I want to be able to be properly on the look-out. :O)

Sorry he's a jerk. He and Beefy BB Jesse can crawl in a planter with compost and rot...

Anonymous said...

Dear Daughter,

"That's why I'm carrying a knife", is not suitable for a young lady of culture"

More desirable is: "That's why I'm carrying a .38 S&W ...
but I do have a .45 for bad neighborhoods"

(I'll be happy to fund your carry-class)

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Okay, well we all know you have a gift of gab. But you now reveal yourself with quite a gift of editorial wit! :) Good job. I must say...I'm impressed. Couldn't you hear me cracking up over the cubicle wall?

Anonymous said...

I must apologize to you. The first visit he made, I said, "Give him a chance, his emails were nice. You didn't need to judge on the vulgarity of his companiions and their drinking." When you called this weekend on Saturday afternoon, I said, "Give him a chance>" I should have said, "Pack it up an go home. You are better than this." I am glad you now know early on that he isn't up to your standards. There are men with maturity and class out there. You'll find him.

Jewels said...

aww.. Denise is my mommy :) I love my mom.

Anonymous said...

DUDE! There are so many things wrong with him. I dont even know where to start. He needs a woman who doesn't expect much out of a "man"

Anonymous said...

alright. it looks like someone needs to enroll in my school of life. this kid is clearly that. a kid. here's the great news though... when it's right, it's effortless. not that there won't be struggles or occasional fights. but this kind of stuff, won't exist. so wash your hands with some antibacterial soap from bath and body works, and be done.