Monday, July 28, 2008

Wow... really?!

So last week I was fortunate enough to discover one of the benefits of home ownership. I had an air conditioning leak that resulted in a waterfall in my closet. These are the times when you wish you rented and could just call the landlord. Fortunately I have a home warranty (thank you JP.. love you) - so it was covered. There was a pipe problem so a plumber was supposed to contact me. Today I get this phone call from my home warranty company..


Man : "Good Afternoon Ma'am this is _______ from your home warranty company, I was following up to make sure your plumbing issue was taken care of"


Me : "Actually no one has called me about that."


Man: "Really? Well let me see, ______ was supposed to call you but it looks like they have the incorrect number. They have a 222-333-4444, what is your actual phone number?"


To which the only thing I could do was reply....


"The one you just called me on."


So sir....as Bill Engvall would say.... Here's your Sign.




3 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

wow!

what a douch!

did everything turn out okay?

Unknown said...

I thought I was the only one who still said, "Here's your sign."!

But I totally get it. In dealing with my identity theft I am getting letters in return from the packet of information I sent them asking me for the exact same information I sent them. No thanks form letter, I was prepared the first time!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Matt told me about that the other day. What a MORON! Isn't society just a treat? :O)