Friday, June 20, 2008

My Dad - the Genius

This past weekend I went home to visit my family for Father's Day. Saturday night I was sitting down reading a book, watching tv in the living room, when my limping father came in. I asked him what happened, to which he replied he had stepped in a hole in the yard and twisted his foot. He then sat down in the chair next to me and we ended up watching "Blazing Saddles" from about thirty minutes in.

Throughout the movie, Dad would get up to go to the garage fridge to grab himself a Lone Star. (Yep, Lone Star, it's my dad's caviar and you can not convince him otherwise). Each time he got up he limp became worse and it became gradually more difficult for him to put weight on it. By the end of the movie we had pulled the old crutches out of the closet for him.
As the night progressed we moved on to watch "Josey Wales" starring Clint Eastwood. Now, I love my father and for him, I sat through this movie, that is what happens with love and Father's Day.

My best friend in the world, Becki, came over mid-movie (praise her) to visit. Now, my parents LOVE Becki, sometimes I think even more than me, so it was a fun visit for us all. Dad asked me to get him another beer, but I got distracted talking. I turn around and my dad is hobbling his way on his crutches to the garage fridge.

I said

"Dad, how can you carry a beer AND use those crutches"

To which my father replies

"Because I have FOUR pockets."

He's a wise man my father............ a wise, wise man.

1 comment:

Carrie Maxwell said...

ahahahaahaaaaa!

love it!