Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just Doing My Part For The Next Girl

Ok, so I have been out with, we’ll call him “No #1”, twice. If you can even call it out. The first time involved lots of margaritas and a Spurs game. The second time I was out with Joy and Emily after Joy’s very bad day and he joined. Over these two “evenings” he shared that he is over $15,000 in debt. So really, if he pays for my drink, I feel guilty AND think
to myself “If this works out in the long run I will be paying for this drink plus a minimum of 9.99% interest”

He’s a last minute kind of guy. This means, he asks what I am doing THAT DAY, never any further in the future. Today I received this email.

From “No #1” How is your day treating you? YOu have anything going on tonight?

**NOTE** I opted not to change spelling or incorrect capitalization.

My reply
Busy! You? Tonight I have my friends bridal fitting. Exciting I know. Don't be jealous.
**NOTE** This is a lie. I am not good at turning people down.

From “No #1”
The day is moving along now... Just finishing up with a submittal. I actually have a free night so I was going to see if you wanted to get together....

**NOTE** He is obviously skilled in making a girl feel special.

My reply
Sorry! I tend to be pretty popular.

**NOTE** No apology or “another night?” gratuity here.

From “No #1”
When is your next free day ohhh popular one?

My reply
it is always at least two days later than the current day…

I have not heard back from him since. I’m curious, do you guys think he’s offended or just doesn’t get it? Either way, I think that finally capped off “No #1”, hopefully with a lesson learned.

Your welcome “No #1’s” girl of the future, you are welcome.

2 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

wtg.

guys are dumb!

Unknown said...

Ha! In the beginning planning is important. 9.99% interest if you're lucky!