Thursday, April 23, 2009

Recent "News" I Find Annoying

It's frustrating to see the same headlines on every channel, on every website, and photos of people I could really care less about with a headline under it. Here's just a taste of a these I find frustrating lately.

1. Jessica Biel – because she ...well exists. WHY is anyone talking about her? I do not think she’s pretty and recent photos only make me think she needs a shower. I do not care if she is dating Justin Timberlake, Madonna, or beating Rihanna. Has she done anything in the last few years besides get naked in a supporting role or two?

2.Perez Hilton vs Miss California – I have not watched beauty pageants since childhood. I remember my friend Rebecca and I would get out pen and paper and snacks, and rate the girls as the show went on. Once we realized what morons they all were I stopped. However you can not see a single news program right now without hearing about the “Gay marriage question” asked by Perez and not answered to his liking. Now I love gay men (I even dated some of them), but Perez Hilton is a HORRIBLE representation of my dear gay friends. I think of my Mimi sitting in her living room and that is the only gay man she has probably ever seen and there he is ranting and calling Miss California a “dumb b*tch”. He is not helping the case with the Mimi’s of the world.

3. Susan Boyle. Does this really need an explanation? My co-worker and her husband illustrate it best.
Co-worker : “Honey come look – this is that amazing singer everyone is talking about Susan Boyle”
Husband : “Wow… she needs a makeover BAD”
Co-worker : “That IS the makeover”


4. Mia Farrow going on a hunger strike for Darfur. Seriously? I think it’s kind of cheap to take something you do anyway and say you are doing it for a cause. That’s like me saying I’m walking my dogs 3-4 times a day in protest of puppy mills. I do it anyway. It changes nothing. Look at the woman throughout the years, this is nothing new.

On the upside, it's been almost a week since I've heard how amazing Michelle Obama is. That may be a record.

9 comments:

Brandon said...

Jessica Biel is hot, and she's getting naked in an upcoming movie in which she's playing a stripper. Therefore, hearing about her because they're posting stills of her from the movie is a good thing. How dare you think otherwise.

Jewels said...

Wow - all you got out of that was "Jessica Biel". And the stills of her were actually her and JT at the Laker game. She needs to shower.

bluntdelivery said...

1. i don't care whether you agree with gay marriage or dont. you have a right to your opinion last time i checked. so why on earth this has turned into a news story is beyond me. and the fact that they are saying thats why she LOST the pageant... how terrible is that? you lost something because you're asked a question and give your opinion. what the HEAL?

i wonder if the media is liberal?

Brandon said...

Was I supposed to get more out of it? I glaze over anytime people start discussing things that are overblown, which is why they don't bug me. And we are referring to different stills. I highly recommend checking wwtdd.com (not at work, it's not safe for that) for the stills I am referring to.

Jewels said...

Brit, you know when you only have one subject you don't have to number it right? OR did you just get so frustrated?

I agree with you completley. PH is a moron.

Jewels said...

brandon - I have no desire to see anymore pictures of her than i have to. My respect level for you has taken a nose dive.. much like her career.

bluntdelivery said...

[huffing and puffing]

1. yes, i just got so frustrated i couldnt' finish my list.

oh look, there i go again.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"Mia Farrow going on a hunger strike for Darfur. Seriously? I think it’s kind of cheap to take something you do anyway and say you are doing it for a cause."

Ha! quite possibly the funniest statement I've heard this year.